EXCELLENT CAREER OPPORTUNITY –RISK & LOSS SURVEYOR / ENGINEER
ZEP-RE (PTA Reinsurance Company) is a specialized institution of the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) established to service and develop the insurance and reinsurance industry within the Region. We are seeking a high calibre and results-oriented professional to create growth, capacity, and competitive advantage in our business in the capacity of Risk & Loss Surveyor / Engineer. Duty station will be Nairobi, Kenya.
To effect the mandate of the company in all aspects of Property Risk / Engineering surveys. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Risk & Loss Surveyor / Engineer will specifically: -
- Carry out fire, engineering, and any other types of insurance risk surveys.
- Carry out preliminary desktop and physical loss surveys.
- Utilize the online risk survey and loss adjustment tool.
- Assist with inputs to the technical underwriting team in the underwriting of mining and engineering risks.
- Assist the Claims technical team in the assessment of large and complex claims.
- Prepare reports detailing findings of surveys and recommend appropriate risk improvements.
- Evaluate and review insurance proposals for engineering insurance risks and recommend terms and conditions commensurate with the risk exposure.
- Provide technical support to underwriters, brokers, and insureds in all aspects of insurance risk management.
- Participate in training of staff, cedants and other stakeholders in all aspects of insurance risk management.
- Prepare and disseminate materials and / or literature on various aspects of insurance risk management.
- Carry out other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
The preferred candidate should have: -
- BSC Engineering degree obtained from a recognized University.
- Certification in risk surveying.
- CII or other accredited insurance / reinsurance qualification.
- Practical Risk Surveying knowledge with at least 5 years of practical experience in reputable institutions preferably Insurance / Reinsurance Companies.
- Excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Team player attributes.
- High professionalism and integrity in line with ZEP-RE’sValues.
- Demonstrated record of innovation.
ZEP-RE is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to gender equality in its staff.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED