ZEP-RE (PTA Reinsurance Company) is a specialized institution of the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) established to service and develop the insurance and reinsurance industry within the Region. In partnership with the World Bank, ZEP-RE was assigned as the implementing agency for the De-Risking, Inclusion and Value Enhancement of pastoral economies in the Horn of Africa Project (DRIVE), a regional International Development Association (IDA) project implemented in Djibouti, Ethiopia, Kenya, and Somalia. We are seeking high-caliber and results-oriented professionals to manage in the project implementation in the capacities listed below:
1. Project Lead
Duty station: Nairobi
Project Duration: 24 months
To oversee the overall strategic planning, organizing, budgeting, and coordinating of the project. He / She They will be the responsible head of the project and will oversee reviewing all policies and structural alignments of the project. Serves as the first point of call and steering agent for the DRIVE project to the WB. He/She will specifically be responsible for: -
- • Developing in-country implementation plans
• Scaling up financial protection coverage, utilizing lessons learned on existing programs
• Communicating on project (including in season performance, pay out declarations)
• Organizing partnerships with financial institutions and other risk aggregators involved in pastoral service provision
• Coordinating and technical support to partners (i.e., on awareness, capacity building, premium collection, claims payments etc.)
• Developing regional (re)insurance program that accounts for existing reinsurance arrangements in the assigned countries.
• Perform other duties as will be assigned from time to time
The preferred candidate should have: -
• A Degree in Finance and /or Accounting.
• Professional certification (s) in Finance and / or Accounting
• studies in Project Planning and Management.
• Demonstrable experience, minimum 5 years, in managing international projects.
• Strong communication skills
• Good investigative skills
• Be self-motivated and capable of working independently to meet deadlines.
• Have problem-solving skills
ZEP-RE is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to gender equality in its staff. Well-qualified candidates, particularly females are strongly encouraged to apply.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED