EXCELLENT CAREER OPPORTUNITY –LEGAL OFFICER
ZEP-RE (PTA Reinsurance Company) is a specialized institution of the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) established to service and develop the insurance and reinsurance industry within the Region. We are seeking a high calibre and results-oriented professional to create growth, capacity, and competitive advantage in our business in the capacity of Legal Officer. Duty station will be Nairobi, Kenya.
The Legal Officer works closely with managers of other departments and staff, to facilitate participative approaches to legal and corporate affairs in support of corporate strategies. He / She will be responsible for: -
- Assisting the Company Secretary in management of the legal function and provision of legal advisory support.
- Drafting/review/ management of company contracts.
- Updating of company policies.
- Documentation of securities for company properties and interests.
- Assisting the Company Secretary in management of external legal consultants.
- Advising on relevant legal documents for staff such as leases and loan facilities.
The preferred candidate should have: -
- LLB; PGDLP; Master’s and Degree are an added advantage.
- Professional qualifications with relevant business management experience.
- ICT Competency.
- At least 5 years of relevant experiences in managing a legal section, preferably in Insurance / Reinsurance business or comparable practice with insurance and re-insurance organizations as clients.
- Be Honest, Assertive, Result Oriented, Effective Communication, Presentation Skills, Team player, Customer Service Oriented, Leadership Skills.
ZEP-RE is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to gender equality in its staff.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED