ZEP-RE (PTA Reinsurance Company) is a specialized institution of the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) established to service and develop the needs of the insurance and reinsurance industry within the Sub-Region. The Company runs a Training Academy, the ZEP-RE Academy. We are seeking a high calibre and results-oriented professional to create growth, capacity, and competitive advantage in our business in the capacity of Key Account Manager (Training).
Duty station: Nairobi, Kenya.
The Key Account Manager – Training (ZEP-RE Academy) will be responsible for providing technical and administrative support to ensure the day-to-day functions of planning, organizing, training, research and development, budgeting and other functions within the Academy are executed in an efficient manner.
The successful candidate will specifically undertake the following responsibilities: -
Planning of Trainings
- Conducting training needs assessment among all Key stakeholders as agreed from time to time.
- Mapping out training strategies and assisting the Academy with the development of training plans and schedules for all types of training requests and ensuring adequate budgets and funding.
- Coordinating with trainers, facilitators, training partners, and training beneficiaries.
- Supporting trainers and facilitators in designing and developing training agendas, programs, and materials and ensuring consistency of the training sessions with the Academy’s objectives.
- Recommend appropriate training methods and materials.
Management of trainings
- Contribute to the moderation and facilitation of training workshops and sessions.
- Facilitate trainings and/or webinars to participants within the skill/scope of technical knowledge
- Identify and recommend suitable trainers and facilitators for specialized training programs.
- Develop and maintain good relations with training donors, develop and maintain collaboration and regular contact with ZEP-RE Academy’s training partners.
- Develop and maintain a database of facilitators and trainers.
- Develop selection criteria for participation in trainings, identify and select the participants of training sessions.
- Prepare training cost estimates and manage trainings’ budgets
- Manage all the logistics for the training sessions and support trainers in the delivery of training sessions through organization of necessary materials, facilities, equipment, and refreshments.
Assessment, Monitoring & Evaluation of trainings
- Develop and conduct needs assessments that determine what types of training should be provided for each target group in line with the Academy’s strategy and programmes by collecting information, meetings with beneficiaries and partners, conducting needs assessment surveys.
- Maintain training attendance, rosters, records, and facilitator/attendee training materials.
- Use questionnaires and evaluation forms to track participants' satisfaction levels with the training program, trainings content, and the trainers.
- Ensure appropriate monitoring, documentation and evaluation of the training activities and measure the impact of the training programmes.
- Generate, interpret, analyze, and communicate trainings' results using training beneficiary tracking forms and other management tools, graphs, and reports as required.
- Produce narrative and financial reports on the training activities after each training program
- Track participant attendance and eligibility to receive certificates of attendance, issue certificates and other training materials
Administration, Communication & Publicity
- Manage the ZEP-RE Academy Alumni Database and keep them always engaged
- Be responsible for populating and keeping the Academy Work Plan on schedule
- Respond to inquiries made via phone, email, social media platforms on the Academy
- Ensure timely procurement of Academy resources and materials and accurate and timely payment of service providers and vendors.
- Maintain up-to-date records of all Academy data and information, including Correspondence, MOUs, Agreements, Training Materials, Procurements, approvals, etc.
- Contribute to reports, articles, and other pieces for ZEP-RE Academy publications and website.
- Engage when relevant on social media, actively communicating externally through LinkedIn, Twitter, and other social media platforms.
- To proactively identify, establish and cultivate relationships with key local, regional, and international training partners.
- To undertake other duties commensurate with the role as may reasonably be assigned.
Ensure maintenance and development of the Academy files and records of the training programmes.
The preferred candidate should have the following key qualifications and experience: -
Education, Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
- Must have a university degree.
- Must have either Dip CII, ACII or equivalent Insurance qualification.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in insurance or reinsurance preferably in underwriting or claims management
- Demonstrable ability to work under pressure, prioritize, meet deadlines, and hold self and others to account.
- Ability to work creatively, and sometimes independently, to develop initiatives, find solutions and work collaboratively with appropriate supervision.
- Ability to design, implement and report on an activity-based budget.
- Ability to interact, use online assessment, and feedback platforms.
- Excellent IT skills including the use of Microsoft Suite of Applications
- Ability to interact and use online assessment and feedback platforms
- Comfortable with data analytics and has good experience with data manipulation using Excel for reporting.
- Ability to design, implement and report on an activity-based budget.
- Advanced fluency in written and spoken English. Additional skill in French is desirable.
- Experience of working in multi-lingual, multi-cultural, multi-geographical teams is desirable.
- Respect for diversity, tolerance, and conflict resolution.
- Attention to cultural sensitivity, and commitment to professional responsibilities as well as equal opportunities.
- Ability to work outside normal office hours on an occasional basis when required.
- Impactful presentation style
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload
- Creative thinker and initiative-taking analytical person
- Excellent writing, proofing, and editing skills.
- Able to work effectively and productively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent attention to detail and well organised
- Ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
- Good team player
- Self-motivated, creative, self-starter
- Must have the right to work in Kenya.
- Have the will and the ability to travel frequently inside and outside the country.
- Commit to support and work within the mission, vision, and objectives of ZEP-RE Academy and ZEP-RE (PTA Reinsurance Company).
Candidates who meet the above requirements should submit applications to the HR & Admin Manager through the link provided by Friday 4th March 2022.
ZEP-RE is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to gender equality in its staff. Well qualified candidates, particularly females, are strongly encouraged to apply.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED